Water Damage Services Acadiana
Flooding, hurricanes, severe storms, they can all leave you with property damage and water where it is not wanted. So as a home or business owner, what are you to do when disaster strikes? Call a restoration company? We will go through the different types of water damage services out there, and what you can do to lessen the damage of water to your property.
Water damage services offered by professional restoration companies:
- Water damage assessment – After flooding, hurricanes, severe storms, you must determine the extent of water damage to your property. Professionals are looking for cracks, stains, leaks and other water damages to your roof, walls, windows, yard, bathrooms, and rooms of your building. Additionally, they will assess the damage to your personal belongings, including your furniture, carpets, and appliances.
- Water extraction – The removal of water from your home or business with submersible pumps, pump trucks, and industrial wet/dry vacuums.
- Structural drying – Drywall and other building materials can absorb a surprising amount of water. Professionals will be able to measure moisture in your structure and get it dry—with commercial water drying equipment.
- Structural dehumidifying – Structural dehumidifying and daily monitoring of humidity levels in the home or business to ensure mold does not find a place to grow.
- Storm & flood damage restoration – Removal of the water and restoring your home back to its original state or better.
- Sewage clean-up & overflow plumbing – Disgusting and unsafe – could cause severe illness and death if “black water”. Professional restoration companies will remove, deodorize and restore.
- Burst & frozen pipes – They will repair pipe quickly and repair any water damage.
- Structural water damage restoration– Floors and carpets aren’t the only places that get water damage. When your walls, ceilings, and other structural elements have mold or water damage, trust our thermal imaging used by professional restoration companies will show mold growth, water leaks and more.
- Carpet water damage repair & restoration –Nothing is worse than a soaked, smelly, soggy carpet. Carpet damage repairs will begin with water extraction, followed by an assessment of the condition of your carpets. If recovery is possible, they will clean carpets and make sure mold will not grow using an antimicrobial spray.
If the flooding in your home or business is due to a burst pipe or leak in the ceiling, collect water in a bucket or pot if possible. Turn off the water main to prevent further damage. Do not touch anything electrical. Call a professional water restoration company.
Water in the home and flooding can occur as a result of extreme weather like hurricanes not uncommon to the Acadiana region and can inflict severe water damage to your property in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Opelousas, Broussard, and Alexandria areas. Ruptured water pipes might leave you requiring water damage repair services as well. DryMax Restoration provides flood water damage services such as water removal, flood damage repair, and flood restoration services.