What to do if You Find Mold in Cooling Vents?
There are various signs that mold could be growing in your cooling vents or HVAC System.
- Unexplained skin rashes.
- Irritation of eyes, nose, and throat.
- Strong mildew or dirt smell in your home.
- Prolonged cough or congestion of occupants.
- Mold is visible around air ducts and vents.
If you have any of these issues, contact a mold remediation company. Running your air conditioning while mold is in the vents causes the mold spores to be blown throughout your home. These mold spores can cause multiple health issues for yourself and those you love.
Can I Remove Mold from My Cooling Vents
With the twists and turns, most HVAC systems have, removing mold is difficult if not almost impossible for most DIYers. If you feel like you can handle your mold problem yourself, check out this step by step guide on how to remove mold here. Otherwise, contact your local mold removal company to get their expert help.
Prevent Mold from Growing in Cooling Vents
Condensation is the biggest culprit of mold in cooling vents. When parts of your air conditioning system get cold, condensation occurs.
- Replace air filter every 3-6 months – If you note a black air filter at 3 months, there’s a good chance you have a mold problem.
- Reduce condensation produced in your cooling HVAC system by insulating the air ducts.
- Another way to reduce condensation is running a dehumidifier.
- Clean drip pans to prevent mold growth.
- Get your air ducts inspected annually.
Call DryMax Water & Fire Restoration to get your professional mold inspection, mold testing, mold removal, mold damage repairs or mold restoration done the right way to eliminate the dangers this hazard can be to you and your loved ones. We proudly serve Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Opelousas, Broussard and Alexandria, Louisiana areas. Let us put our years of mold remediation services to work for you!